Dr. Surajit Sinha
Associate Professor and Head Department of Organic Chemistry Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
Research interests (Organic synthesis and Chemical biology):
· Synthesis of biologically important natural products and their analogues.
· Studies of small molecule modulation of Hedgehog signaling pathway in tissue culture and studies of Hedgehog dependent physiology using “zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model organism.
· Synthesis of artificial amino acids and nucleic acids for biological probes.
· Synthesis and evaluation of antisense properties of cell-penetrating morpholino oligonucleotides in cancers targeting hedgehog signaling pathway
· Non-peptide-based molecular transporter used for drug, peptide and biomolecules delivery.
Int. PhD (M.S. and PhD) (2000): Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, (Under Professor S. Chandrasekaran, Department of Organic Chemistry).
Postdoctoral Fellow (2000-2003): Department of Chemistry, University of California, Riverside, (Advisor: Professor Christopher Switzer).
Postdoctoral Fellow (2003-2006 March): Chemical and Systems Biology, School of Medicine, Stanford University, (Advisor: Professor James K. Chen).
Assistant Professor (April 2006 – 2012): Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India.
Honors and Awards:
NASA Astrobiology Travel Grant Award (2002).
|Group Members||Publication||Invited Talks|
|Back to IACS||
Updated on April 08, 2015